Spread the love
For some reasons, I have never been a huge fan of chocolate and fruits in general (I don’t know why, it just didn’t sit with me that well!) There is one combination I have always loved though, chocolate and pear! Hot dark chocolate poured over a poached pear with vanilla ice cream…
These little tart are so easy to make and you need so few utensils, perfect for newbie bakers 🙂 You can make them with any type of tartlet tins, round or rectangle or even just make a big tart with the same amount of ingredients.
Quantity: 8 mini Tartlets
Utensils: Tartlets tins, blanc bake beans
- 200g of plain flour
- 90g of unsalted butter (diced)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp of cold water
- 1 egg
- 90g of almond powder
- 50g of salted butter
- 30g of sugar
- 3 fresh pears
- 40g of dark chocolate chips
- Shortcrust pastry: Preheat oven at 180 degrees. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar, the butter and using your hands, crumble the butter with the rest of the ingredients. Add the water and mix using your hands, don’t overwork the dough. Cover with cling film and chill for 20min.
- Filling: Using a microwave, melt the butter. In a bowl, mix the almond powder, sugar and butter and finally the egg an the chocolate chips.
- Pastry: Thinly roll the pastry and fill out the tartlets tins. Blind bake the pastry cases using the blanc bake beans and cook for 12 min.
- Bake: Peal the pears and cut thinly. Pour the the filling and place the sliced pears on top. Bake for 15min.
Looking forward to seeing yours!
Pictures by Jennifer Moyes
Very clear web site, appreciate it for this post.